The secret weapon of the U.S. against Syria
“Calm down François!”
What we told the press about this distressing case. As Barack Obama, the President of the French Republic François Hollande ruled for punitive action against Syria after use of toxic gases which did hundreds of deaths among the population, August 21, in a quarter out of Damascus.
According to France, not to react is to let Bashar al Assad continue its atrocities, encourage the proliferation and use of weapons of mass destruction, abandon Syria and the whole region to chaos and yield to threats. The lack of response would send a very wrong signal not only to Bashar al Assad but to countries such as Iran and North Korea, which could see a green light to use their nuclear weapons.
US president Barack Obama tried today to get a the widest possible support in the United States and abroad for a military intervention in Syria. Said he was confident that the Congress would vote in favor of military action against the Syria: “I think that the Congress will approve it because that (…) if the international community fails to enforce certain rules (…) over time, the world will become a less safe place”.
In Damascus, the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Fayçal Moqdad assured that the Syrian government will not change its position even if there is a third world war. Against these threats, the Syrian Deputy Minister assured that the Syria had taken all measures to respond to such an assault and mobilize its allies such as Russia and Iran.
Russian President Vladimir Putin, which had for his part warned Washington against an aggression against Syria outside the framework of the United Nations said on the first Russian public channel that he waits for convincing evidence of the use of chemical weapons by Syria. That it is ready, in this case, to take action within the legal framework of the United Nations to help those who want to punish the Syria. The arguments presented are:
- The Syrian regime is threatening the internal security of the United States: but they don’t tell us how. I do not understand the connection. Gentlemen, could you be more clear?
- A limited punitive action. Destroy what? Two bridges, an aerodrome, a stock empty chemical weapons which took the time to be moved? This will not change anything to the problem and the current regime will be more strong, especially if they manage to shoot down two enemy planes.
- Do not abandon the Syria and the whole region to chaos: but it is already a pretty mess in this region!
- Topple the Syrian regime? To replace by whom? Remember the consequences of regime changes in Iraq, Libya, Tunisia, Egypt, Iran, Afghanistan.
- The world will become a less safe place if nothing is done: Dear Mr Obama, this Earth is more safely for a long time. And it will be less and less safe, with new upcoming terrible conflicts in the coming years. It will as it has always been.
- We have evidence: let us doubt, you all already shamefully lied to us in the past.
In short, the United States, France, Australia (?) and others want to punish the Syrian regime. And others, if there are real evidences. All this is very, very risky for a null result. Or the world declare a real war in Syria to have overstepped the mark with all the consequences, or does nothing. Attacks against Syria will excuse further attacks of reprisal, by the game of alliances. In short, a third world war in the Middle East. Our leaders will be able to happen to tell us at the 1St January: happy new year dear compatriots!
In my opinion, I thought a lot about the subject and we should not get involved in this adventure. Barack and François should send a kind of James Bond to kill the barbarian. In movies the special agents do this every day. Easy and cheap. Because this war will cost us a lot. They are telling us we are in crisis. But to go to war, there is still money! For pensions of the elderly, nothing. Our honor requires us, they say. For what this will favor us, we will always be one of the favorite countries of terrorists and our flags stomped and burned. Have a horrified thought is already good, to take offense it’s even better and do whatever it takes to solve the problem peacefully will be perfect. Quickly.
Tip of the day: fill your tank of heating oil for the winter. This may increase.